Akshardham Temple, Gandhinagar Gujarat all Information
‘Akshar’ suggests the constant god, and ‘Dham’ means residence. The very name of Akshardham Temple implies that God Swaminarayan lives in the air fo Akshardham. There is no doubt the Swaminarayan has a significance in Hindu beliefs, and the visitor of Aksharham proves this fact. The purification of the soul is not the only reason why thousands of travellers visit Akshardham.
The grand and magnificent architecture and also attracts art lovers and foreign tourist and has made it one of the most sought after tourist places of Gujrat. The temple complex, the gardens, exhibitions, the water show are among the Major Highlights of Akshardham Temple, Gandhinagar.
Amazing Facts You must know about Akshardham Temple, Gujrat
- The Temple is made after intricately carving the sandstone
- More than 4,000 volunteers around the world worked for some 13 years to prepare the unique campus.
- Inspired by HH Yogiji Maharaj, Swami Maharaj prepared this Temple and opened it on October 30th, 1992.
Things to discover in Akshardham Temple, Gandhinagar
Mandir – The mandir is the centre of the entire Akshardham campus. Apart from being the place the worship and Aarti, this mandir is a tribute to the traditional Hindu Architecture or the Shilpa Shastra.
The mandir consists:
- Swaminarayan Darshan
- Prasadi Mandapam
Exhibition – The mesmerising art exhibitions have the p[ower to take you to an all-new world. The scientifically excellent exhibition can take you on a spiritual and cultural journey. It consists of five parts, and all these exhibitions are displayed in five different halls to teach five basic lessons of life.
- NEELKANTH AND SAHAJANAND – HALLS OF VALUES
- MYSTIC INDIA
- SANT PARAM HIKARI
Anhishek Mandapam – The Abhishek means the bathing of the idol of Neelkanth Varni, the youthful Swaminarayan.
Sat-Chit- Anand Water Show – The 45 minutes water show presents the story of Kathopanishad.
Sahajanand Vun – The gardens of Akshardham comprise more than 57,000 trees, plants and shrubs. Others things to see in the Garden:
- SURYA RATH & CHANDRA RATH: THE SUN & MOON CHARIOTS
- SAMUDRA MANTHAN – CHURNING OF OCEAN
- HOLY RIVERS: GANGA, YAMUNA, SARASWATI, NARMADA
- Tuesday to Sunday 9:30 to 7:30
- Mandir Timings: Aarti at 10:00 am and 6:30 pm
- Exhibition Timing: 10:00 am to 5:30 pm
- Darshan and puja timing for Abhishek Mandapam: 10:00 am to 7:00 pm.
- Water Show Timing: Starts after the sunset.
- Akshardham Temple remains closed on Monday.
How to Reach Akshardham Temple, Gandhinagar?
45 Minutes drive from Ahmadabad Railway Station, or 30 Minutes drive from Ahmadabad Airport.
Do’s and Don’ts in the Akshardham Premise
- Remember that it is a temple, and you must maintain the dignity
- Wear decent clothes if you are planning to visit Akshardham Temple
- Take a free sarong from the authority (Rs 250 refundable) if your dress does not cover your shoulders, chest, upper arms, naval, or is less than the knee length.
- You must co-operate with the security staff.
- Do not bring a Mobile phone, camera, USB / PENDRIVE, Music devices, electronic items, weapons, luggage, pets, food/drink, tobacco, alcohol or drugs as these items are strictly prohibited in the temple. You can submit your belongings at the security check, and take them when you leave.