Shrinathji Temple (Nathdwara, Rajasthan)all Information
Located in Nathdwara (Rajasthan), Shrinathji Temple is an important pilgrimage site for Vaishnavs dedicated to Shrinathji (another form of Krishna).
Key Points about the Temple
- Location : Nathdwara, Rajasthan- 313301
- Affiliation : Hinduism
- Deity : Shrinathji (Lord Krishna)
- Timings : Open 24 Hours
- Creator : Goswami Priests
- Completed : 1672
- Entry Fee : Free Entry
History of the Temple
Deity Shrinathji is a seven year old child avatar of Lord Krishna and was worshipped by Vallabhacharyaon the Govardhan Mountain (Vrindavan). The child avatar of Lord Krishna is usually referred as Gopal. The idol is said to be self-manifested in 12th century BC from the Govardhan Mountain, which was lifted by Lord Krishna to protect his village from Lord Indra’s wrath.
Later, the idol was shifted from Vrindavan to another place in order to protect it from Mugals. But in that process, the wheels of the cart got stuck into deep mud and the priests relate this incident as Lord’s sign to stay at that place itself. This is how the temple was build in Nathdwara around 1672.
Architecture of Srinathji Temple
The architecture of the Shrinathji Temple is similar to Nanda Maharaj Temple (Vrindavan), the foster father of Lord Krishna named Nanda. The seven flags at the top of the temple symbolizes the seven houses of Pushtimarg Sampradaya.
Legend of the Temple
As per the legend, Shrinathji used to visit Mewar to play Chaupar with Ajab Kunwari (his beloved Princess). Whenever there was a time to leave for the Lord, the princess becomes sad. Lord then promised her to reside there permanently at the exact situation and time. Then, while going back to Vrindavan, the cart stuck in the mud and it became a way to fulfill his promise.
- There is no entry fee to visit the temple.
- The temple is open all days of the week.
- The temple is open 24hours but below is the timings of Aarti and Shringar Pooja-
- Mangala – 5:15 AM – 06:00 AM
- Shringar – 7:15 AM – 07:45 AM
- Gwal – 9:15 AM – 9:30 AM
- Rajbhog – 11:15 PM – 12:05 PM
- Uthapan – 3:30 PM – 3:45 PM
- Bhog – 4:45 PM – 5:00 PM
- Sandhya Aarti – 5:15 PM – 6:00 PM
- Shayan – 6:50 PM – 7:30 PM
- The temple is open on all seasons but festival season like Holi and Janmashtmi is considered to be the best time to visit the holy place.
How to reach the Temple?
- By Air-Udaipur Airport is 60 km away from the temple.
- By Train-Mavli Junction (30km) is the nearest railway station from the site.
- By Road- The temple is well connected with private taxis and buses from the temple.
- Hotel Narayan Garh
- Hotel Kamal Darshan
- Hotel Brij Bhoomi
- Radhika Palace
- Hotel Pratham Milan
- Hotel Paras Villa
- Hotel Suncity Cottage
- Hotel Utsav
- Hotel Kanahiya Palace
- Charbhuja Temple
- The Eklingji Temple
- The Dwarkadheesh Temple
- Maharana Pratap Memorial
- Molela Terracotta Village
- Nand Samand Dam
- Kumbhalgarh Fort
- Giriraj Temple
- Ganesh Tekri