Yamunotri Temple all Information
The temple is dedicated to the goddess Yamuna, located in Uttarakhand. This location is considered to be one of the important sites of Chota Char Dham yatra, an important pilgrimage for Hindus exploring the holy regions of Uttarakhand. The river Yamuna is considered to be the second most sacred river after Ganga. It is believed that bathing in the Yamuna river will wash away one’s sins and protect them from a painful death.
Visiting Yamunotri temple is a whole new experience with the serene view of nature, beautiful greenery, rivers, and mountains around there.
HISTORY OF YAMUNOTRI TEMPLE
The actual source of the holy river Yamuna is believed to be from the frozen lake and ice of the Champasar glacier.The temple was built at this spot in the 18th century by Sudarshah Shah, the King of Tehri Garhwal. Due to the efforts of the local people and authorities, the temple had to withstand disasters like earthquakes, floods, and other damages.
- Built by Sudarshah shah, King of Tehri Garhwal
- Made of granite stones
- Two natural Springs on either side of the shrines-SURYAKUND and
- May- November – 6:00AM-9:00PM
- Aarti timings – 6:30PM-7:30PM
TIPS FOR VISITING THE TEMPLE
- The temple opens in the month of May every year on the Akshaya Tritiya day and remains open until Yama Dwitiya, the second day following Diwali, usually in the month of November.
- The trip to this temple is a full-day journey from places like Dehradun, Rishikesh, or Haridwar. There is a reasonable amount of trekking involved, use of horses and other modes of transport to substitute the long trek can incur charges.
HOW TO REACH
- Nearest airport: Jolly Grant Airport
- Nearest railway station: Rishikesh and Dehradun
- To reach here one must trek from Hanuman Chatti. Hanuman Chatti is well connected with the major cities of Uttarakhand like Rishikesh and Dehradun.
- Janki Chatti is relatively closer to the temple but is only connected by a motorable road from Hanuman Chatti.
- Palanquins, and horses are available for rent from both these Hanuman chatti and Janki chatti to the temple.
- Hotel Leela palace
- Prakriti-the retreat
- Samaa resorts
- Shikhar nature resort
- Saptrishi kund
- Divya shila